Jan 24, 2012

Recipe review: Coffee Heath Bar Ice Cream

For me, living a low carb life means that the majority of the time, I stay away from sugary foods. But it also means that it's okay to splurge once in a while. If "once in a while" turns into "pretty much every day," then it's not working! Also, if I'm going to compromise my healthy habit by eating something sugary, I will only do it for things I really, really love! Grocery store cake or cookies? Nah. Homemade carrot cake or cinnamon rolls? Worth it!

 This ice cream is one of those things that's worth it.

This ice cream recipe from Simply Recipes originally caught my eye as something to make for my husband. He LOVES coffee, and his favorite candy bar is Heath or Skor. But once I tasted it, it became one of my favorites, too!

 We served it at Christmas dinner. It goes great with pumpkin or pecan pie!

 By the way, we don't have an ice cream freezer. (Well, we have a vintage hand-crank one, but that only gets used if there are young children around, eager to take their turn at cranking!) We just put it in a shallow container in the freezer, and stir it every 30-60 minutes. I'm sure it would be even more amazing made in an ice cream freezer, but if you don't have one, don't let that stop you from enjoying this totally-worth-it treat!

You might also like:
Peanut Butter Pie
No-bake Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts