Aug 1, 2014

Multipurpose Spicy Asian Marinade Recipe


This (for now) is a recipe I haven't tried -- yet.

So why am I posting it? Since it got a 4-fork rating on Epicurious -- the highest possible -- I definitely want to try it. Also, it got great comments. Bonus: it's sugar-free! But there's no pinnable image on the original, so I can't post it to my "recipes to try" Pinterest board from there.

Various reviewers said...

"I ground chicken thighs in the food processor, marinated as directed, and then browned the meat for delicious and simple lettuce wraps. I think I will go to this marinade again and again."

"I marinated some shrimp in this for about an hour, and then sauteed them with the remaining marinade; they were so flavorful!"

"Used this over asparagus. Cut the spears into 2" long pieces, marinated it a bit and then sauteed the asparagus in oil, reserving marinade. After removing asparagus from pan, I added reserved marinade along with a cornstarch slurry to thicken for a sauce."

"I used this marinade with scallops and veggie kabobs. It was fantastic!"

The author comments...
"This all-purpose marinade can be used for chicken or turkey breast, pork cutlets, firm-pressed tofu, and seafood. If you prefer to omit the chile, use smashed fresh ginger instead."


Recipe: Spicy Asian Chicken Marinade


by Spices of Life, by Nina Simonds , via epicurious
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine or sake
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon dried chile flakes or hot chile paste (or 5 to 6 slices of smashed fresh ginger)
  • 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil (or canola oil)
Combine all ingredients and use as directed in your recipe.
photo credit: formalfallacy @ Dublin (Victor) via photopin cc

No comments:

Popular Posts