Aug 21, 2014

3 hours on the weekend, 10 meals for the week!

Minimizing prep time for dinner by combining two nights of prep is something I've had in mind to write about here, but just haven't gotten to it. Then I found out about a Columbia University student who has this concept completely nailed!

Wow! So impressed by this guy. He's pursuing a PhD in Electrical Engineering, which has got to keep his schedule busy. But every weekend, he takes a few hours to prep and package five lunches and five dinners for the upcoming week.


And this is no tuna casserole or hamburger surprise! His meals feature things like lemon tilapia, roasted carrots, mashed sweet potatoes with honey and cinnamon, Cajun rice.

I have got in the habit of keeping my freezer stashed with healthy homemade burritos, and even though I eat them almost every weekday -- with lapses for leftovers or lunch out with a friend -- I don't get tired of it. I love how easy and thought-less it is to just grab one and pop it in the microwave. And it's been part of the bigger effort that's enabled me to lose more than 20 pounds in the last few months! I will write about that here some day.

But for now, check out Sean's plan. Get the whole story (and a couple recipes) here.

1 comment:

Starseed_27 said...

Microwave?? Do u not know how bad that is for u? Well IM sure your bidy will tell u soon enough. Good idea, but fresh cooked food is wayyyy better. And if f UR life is too busy for preparing and eating then your lifestyle choices are what need to be addressed...

Popular Posts