Jun 7, 2012

How many packets of Splenda equal * of sugar?

While granulated Splenda can be measured cup-for-cup in baking, it has a lot of maltodextrin in it, which affects my body about the same as, or maybe even worse than sugar. So I try to stick with the Splenda packets. I know they also contain a little filler, too, but not nearly as much as the granulated version.

One packet equals the sweetness of two teaspoons of sugar, but has nowhere near the same volume. So how do you tell how many packets of Splenda to use to sub for a tablespoon, 1/3 cup, or one whole cup of sugar? Find all those answers here, on this Splenda conversion chart.

(No, I'm not shilling for Splenda, and yes, I know it's got man-made chemicals and probably isn't the healthiest thing in the world. But sometimes, it's just the best substitute, and as long as you're not drinking buckets of it every day in your coffee, pop or tea, I think a little now and then probably won't hurt the average person.)

2 comments:

The Better Baker said...

Thank you for this info. I so agree that we all have to choose, and everything in moderation is best. Thanks again -

Jana Snyder said...

Happy to help!

Popular Posts